Nov 7, 2019
Emma Huckstadt started as a Production Assistant
at Zero Point Zero in 2014 and quickly got promoted to
Manager of Production Equipment, responsible for trouble-shooting
questions and inspecting their gear before it goes into the field.
Zero Point Zero produces shows such as Parts Unknown, Mind of a
Chef, and Elvis Goes There and has won 15 Primetime Emmy’s, 5 James
Beard Awards and a Peabody Award. Emma and Ryan’s discussion ranges
from reminiscing about crappy PA postings on set to solving
logistical nightmares that pop up when planning for overseas
shoots, to what Zero Point Zero has on their horizon.
- Upcoming projects
- Follow Zero Point Zero
- Gear mentioned
- Don't miss
- Spotlight on the Insta350
While this 11k camera is unnecessary for many, Ally sees it as
setting a high bar that is changing expectations of what 360 VR
cameras can do despite how clunky and intimidating it can be.
- It can take photos and 2D video up to 30 frames per
second at 11K
- It can record 3D video up to 10k
- The 8K footage has been updated to 10-bit
- Looks like a large kettle ball and weighs 15lbs
- It has 8 micro 4/3 sensors with 8 f/3.2 200*
- It shoots on 9 SD cards
- File structure and transfer time can be a
- The battery is huge and gives 70 minutes of power
but takes 3 hours to charge
- The Lensrentals Podcast is a production of Lensrentals, founded
by Roger Cicala. Our production staff includes Drew Cicala, Ryan
Hill, Sarah McAlexander, SJ Smith, Julian Harper, John Tucker, and
Zach Sutton. Other contributors include Roger Cicala, Joey Miller,
Ally Aycock Patterson, Joshua Richardson, and Philip Robertson.
- Thanks to Jacques
Granger for our theme song.
- Submit a topic
idea, question or comment, leave
us a voicemail at 901-609-LENS, or send us an email